Tuesday, January 17, 2012
in no particular order
1. Blog more
2. Be a better friend, sister, wife (not to be confused with sisterwife), daughter and family member.
3. BE BETTER, in all I do
4. Take pictures and like what I see
5. Exercise and eat well (because I'm worth it)
7. Grow my own food
8. Try a new hobby
9. Do something that scares me
10. Get outside (enjoy "my own backyard")
12. Do something I love
13. BE HAPPY
14. Take the GRE/GMAT
Let's be honest, the list goes on. There are so many areas I find myself wanting to improve in and so many things I want to do/learn/accomplish. I think one thing I need to remember is to be patient with myself. I can only take one day at a time. I'm excited for a new year with new goals and new opportunities.
In junior high we had a student teacher come in to teach us. I don't remember her lesson, but, for some reason I still remember she taught us "carpe diem" and how it meant to seize the day! I still think that to myself sometimes when I'm feeling weak or scared or nervous--which, I feel like happens way to much these days. So, maybe that will be my motto for 2012: