Tuesday, April 13, 2010

baby season


So the last few spring/summers have been wedding season for us and many lovely friends and now...I guess I'm all grown up or something because this spring and summer have become baby season. Pretty sure we are the only ones who don't have a baby or who aren't pregnant.

Guess that means we can pick up a pretty good babysitting gig...

So, I have been trying to document some of my crafting so that I can have a little archive to refer to when I need ideas etc. And thus, we have a couple of onesies I did for lovely friend Andi and little Evaleigh who is due to make her debut May 4th, 2010.

To accentuate her sweet little diapered bum (and the only time in her life a dimpled bum will be cute)
Here is the front.

These were fun to make despite how ridiculously long they took (I thought they would be "super quick") and the blisters and callus' that came along with the fun. How did people in the "olden days" (how the heck do you spell "olden, old'n, oldin" is that even a real word?) hand sew all their stuff? INSANE I tell you. I guess I would have been a wimpy pioneer woman.

5 comments:

emily said...

i'm not pregnant either....
btw, great job. keep up the good work.

MJ said...

Im not prego girl. but those onesies are freakin cute!

Emily said...

well see, I said I was "pretty sure". So now I know. :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I'm not pregnant but these are so darn cute... I want one for ONE DAY, lol.

Linds said...

i'm totally knocked up.

and i wish that it was socially acceptable to stick little boys in cute heart decorated onesies.

grood work. they look adorable.

p.s. thanks for being so supportive. i love you just the way you are :)